Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday ELLE!!!!

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!

It was so much fun to celebrate your birthday!!!! You were SOOOOO excited to see all the streamers & your princess birthday cake. It made mom VERY glad she'd driven all over the county to find the ONLY black barbie with in miles! Your brothers didn't realize Princess Barbie was actually a cake....we haven't seen too many princess cakes at our house :)


One of the best parts was getting you ready for the party. You turned down the first two dresses I suggested....thank goodness I saved MY favorite for third! Thank you AGAIN Veronica for this one! It's GORGEOUS!!!! Then you insisted on picking out your shoes - of course they were the black patent mary janes - PERFECT for your dress. What an eye for fashion you have my dear :)

The only thing that got you more excited than the decorations or the cake or the shoes was when Auntie Jessie walked in the house with your PRESENT - but better than a present was the sweet DOLLY tied to the bow! We almost had to relent & let you open it immediately - the refrain of "It's my party I can cry if I want to" kept running through my head. But I remembered it's not REALLY a 2 year old's party if the honored guest doesn't breakdown at least once!!!

And the honored guests mama was a bit emotional too. I can't believe I almost missed out on the blessing of YOU! You've the most amazing little person. Your giggle is infectious! When you look at me & smile your impish - I just sat on grampa kitty grin - I literally MELT. I still tear up when you blow me kisses from your crib at bedtime. I think you might even love shoes more than I do...I've never met ANYONE who loves shoes more than I do...Caylene comes pretty darn close - but you my dear - I'm praying that if your feet don't get as big as mine - that they'll AT LEAST get as big as Caylene's - she does have some pretty fabulous shoes :)

In the midst of all of this thoughts of your birth mom kept coming to mind. One of my most heartfelt prayers is that she knows you're safe, and loved, and amazing!!! I'm so very grateful to her. She must have loved you VERY VERY VERY much. I know she wanted a better life for you than she could give you....and I so pray that that will come true for you!!!

Happy birthday Princess!!!

1 comment:

ajshaw said...

Happy Birthday Sweet girl!! What a party!! Tell your mom and dad and aunt I said HI.