My biggest fear with adopting Ellie is that somehow we'd get the "wrong" one! Oh how God has BLOWN us away with how PERFECTLY she fits into our family. She was born to be our daughter - she just took the scenic route to get there!
So....this adoption I've been wrestling with timing. What if it's too soon, what if it's not soon enough....if we start now we'll have them home for the summer....we certainly don't want to be juggling 2 new kids with how busy our business is in the fall....and on and on and on.....
Oh ye of little faith.
I grimace at the number of times God must just shake His head at my antics. I'm not a worrier by nature. But I am a bit of a controlling personality....some people may even say "freak"...I prefer "perfectionist" and "gets the job done RIGHT"....but whatever!
As I look back on the ABSOLUTE craziness of our summer I realize it would have been the WORST time to bring in 2 new children to our home. We've barely sat down to eat, much less just hang out & bond. God's timing IS perfect.
As I look at what our calendar holds for the next few months, a tiny ripple of panic starts to form.....it seems it's going to be as crazy as the summer....but God's timing is PERFECT. Not only do I not have to panic - I don't have to try & control it either!
We could travel as early as August 22nd. That's 10 days away. OR it could be an indefinite amount of time if the US Embassy decides to do a full blown investigation.
My heart is strangely at peace. We could have 2 new children home before September...less than 3 weeks....or sometime next year. I'm beginning to get the hang of letting God choose when that perfect time will be....and I haven't even started packing!!! I did crack a little and start to look at plane tickets...not good....so I closed that web page & decided God would pick the perfect time for that too!
This song keeps running through my head...
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!







1 comment:
Your faith and patience is such a blessing to those around you. God bless your family!!!
Post a Comment