
Yes.....we have a new addition! Well 2 actually. They're Ben's - Missy & Silver. Jack is holding Missy above - and Ben is wearing...I mean holding Silver below! They're 4 week old rats - and quite adorable I will admit!!!

But on to adotion stuff......WHAAAA!!! Yes, the paperwork is almost done - but I TOTALLY forgot that we then have to apply to USCIS (immigration) to let us a bring an orphan into the country. It's another 6-12 week wait on that one & includes a $600 fee and $160 to redo our fingerprints.....arghhh! We can't apply to Immigration until our homestudy is finished - which should be early next week. Matt keeps reminding me that this is all about God's timing - which in my HEAD I know is true....but a piece of my heart is sitting somewhere in Ethiopia!!! It's so CRAZY how you can love someone so much that you haven't even met - you don't know her name - how old she is - even her story....yet you love her so much....my heart just aches........
I love our small town newspaper! They had a FRONT PAGE article on families in the area that are adopting from Ethiopia. It was beautiful!! It was so positive and encouraging! Right below it was how a boy in the area had set a new Guiness World Record by solving the most Rubic's Cube's in 1 minute - 64!!! That's what I want to read on the front page of a newspaper - not gloom and doom. I'm so sending a letter to the editor!!
If you haven't read "There's No Me Without You" by Melissa Faye Greene - you MUST!!! It's a FANTASTIC book about a woman in Ethiopia that stumbled into opening an orphanage in Ethiopia. Be careful though - it will give you a real heart for the country!!! and you'll need multiple boxes of tissues. But the book leaves you with stories of the kids that went through her orphanage into homes in the US and talks about their transition to living here. It will answer any questions you may have about WHY the Ross' are adopting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment