Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

waiting....

Why is waiting so hard??? I guess it's not hard to wait if you don't want what's coming...like a trip to the dentist....and I know waiting doesn't kill you! I think of all the times I've waited thinking the day would never come - high school graduation, college graduation, our wedding day, the birth of the boys, each move, each fantastic vacation.....maybe this wait is so much harder b/c it doesn't have a date or even a month attached to it!?!?! It's just plain and simple - wait.

Please join me in praying that God will give me grace during this waiting period. I'm a disaster....I feel like my heart is on the other side of the world...and we don't even know who she is!!!! I find that so incredibly amazing. I love her so much!!! I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant - but maybe I'm only 8 or 7....see what I mean??? It's CRAZY!!! At least with a pregnancy you knew when your absolute DONE date was - of course you hoped it was earlier -but at least there was a definite done date!!!

Every day I wrestle with keeping my head above the water....being loving, patient, nurturing to my family, friends, customers....when all I really want to do is sit and dream about Ellie. It's funny to think that even a year ago we had no idea the path our life would take. And now I can't even envision our life not right here....well...unless we were actually in ET - I can envision THAT!!!

So to pass the time we've decided to get our vaccinations done - tomorrow. We haven't told all the boys that they'll need Hep A :( Apparently it's far too common for your little one to bring it home with her & infect the whole family - even the ones who don't travel. The rest of us (Matt, myself & Jack) will be getting Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, & making sure our Tetnus is up to date. So maybe even more than praying for me not to go crazy waiting - pray for my little ones as they get poked for sissy tomorrow!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Jill,
My goodness, look at what time you are posting on your blog. Hasn't anyone told you that "waiting....." goes faster if you can SLEEP through some of it! Here is a hint, at 1:12 A.M. TRY SLEEPING!!! :)
I loved seeing your post. Everyone was reading here at work tonight. We loved it!
Hope you got to bed before me;)
Love you,
Julie

everydaylifesongs said...

Hey girl, I am praying for you and for Ellie and grace for all of you as God works out the details of bringing you together. (including the vaccinations tomorrow) which I guess is today now...how did it go?

And Julie is right....get some sleep! :)