I can't believe she's been home almost 8 months! Everyone asks how she's adjusting.....I can only shake my head & point to heaven!!! God's grace has been so incredible! It's as if she didn't even HAVE to adjust....she's just always been our little princess....
So 2 quick little miracles & I'll be DONE! I promise!!!
Miracle #1 -
Ellie had her 4th blood draw on Tuesday. Driving in I was moved to say a quick prayer of "please Lord, if there's anyway you can help a nearly 2 year old have an uneventful blood draw - now is the time!" I felt a bit silly even requesting that - because DUH - I practically cry getting MY blood drawn. I had brought the bottle along - I know, I know - but if giving her a PONY would help her not to cry I'd do that TOO! So I pulled out the bottle when I sat her down on the bed. She simply stared at them & sucked while they put the rubber bandy thing around her arm. The lower lip quivered & a small whaaa came out when they poked her....about 1/2 way through another lower lip & whaaa.....and then we were done!!!! No alligator tears, no screaming until she's hoarse & you're deaf...just two little squeaks really.
God forgive me for not trusting you to help her through this!!!! Never let me forget that just because you allowed HIV into her life - you haven't forgotten about her!!!! She's more your princess than she is mine. I'm sorry. Thank you for the reminder of your faithfulness, even in the seemingly trivial things....which leads me to miracle #2.
Miracle #2 (not quite so incredible - but my husband still has a wife!)
So in the get all the animals to the fair scramble (and when I say ALL the animals - I mean - 1 pig, 1 sheep, 2 goats, 1 chicken, 1 rooster, and 2 ducks) Matt was short a stock trailer. Praise be to God our kind neighbor took pity & transported the pig for us in his trailer...but that still left quite a few behind....and I had the unfortunate privilege of being present for the loading of the remainder of the animals....it went something like this. Ben, where's the dog kennel? go get it. Grab the rooster, chicken, 2 ducks & cram them in it (it looked Noah's ark - the poultry version). Grab the sheep & goats and heft them into the back of the SUBURBAN (that's not a typo people - there was a sheep & 2 goats WITHOUT a tarp or ANYTHING under them in the back of my CAR!!!) oh it'll be fine yells my husband as he runs for the drivers seat & peels out of the driveway.....thankfully we live on a gravel road so he probably thought the smoke boiling out of my ears was just road dust. Meanwhile, I'm having visions of what it's going to smell like in my car after it's been sitting the summer sun all day.....my sense of smell has been really dulled down (???) I do have 4 boys living in a small house...but THAT?!?!?! does that smell EVER come out????
What do you know??? God is even in charge of a goat's colon!?!?!?!?! Those animals were in the back of my car for AT LEAST 15 minutes and not a DROP!!!!! Those things can't take 3 steps without something coming out of somewhere!
Needless to say - not that I don't trust God to do it again - I'm shopping for a stock trailer.....







5 comments:
HA HA HA!!! I love it!!!
LOL!!! This is the greatest story ever! I love you guys and your crazy farm animals .....besides the chickens!;)
I love this story...maybe my husband and I may be next to receive this joy? Thank you soooo much for sharing such a touching story line by line, awesome!!!! Henceforthe, we are following you guys, check us out when you get the chance...blessings. Jeff & Penny
I've been enjoying reading your blog. My husband and I are adopting a baby girl from Uganda and we are praying about whether we could be open to a child with HIV. Thanks for sharing your journey. I just added a link to your blog to mine - if that's not cool, let me know. Blessings!
Laughed so hard I cried.
Post a Comment