Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

You're worth it!

t's been a short long hard month.....we've had no news at all on our case. As the days drag on with nothing to keep us going we fill them up with swim team, camping, gardening, animals, and everything else that goes with running a family of seven. The emptiness and longing gets pushed farther into a corner,drowned put by the fullness of each day.

And then I watch a video like this one....



All the hopes, all the dreams, all the wishing, all the planning, all the love is instantly brought back to the surface and I am a crying mess.

AND I am reminded instantly that All the waiting is worth it! All the longing is worth it! All the sleepless nights and tears shed, worth it. Every penny and minute spent waiting, worth it!

God already knows the date and time we will be forever united! He knows absolutely what is best for them....and it will be exactly what is best for us! As I watch my sweet friend Jamie love on her son from Guatemala, I am again reminded that God loves orphans...even more than I do! It took them 42 months to complete their adoption!!!!! 3 1/2 years of waiting and praying and hoping and longing. Yet I look into her eyes and into the eyes of her 9 year old son and I know that it is worth it!

God has filled my life with amazing things to keep me busy....namely 5 incredible little people that ncall me Mom. He has given me some amazing levels of peace about our situation. He knows how much I long to hold them because He put that longing there!

The waiting is so very hard, harder than i ever imagined. Yet I rest assured that it will all be worth it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Shelle and Dan said...

Yes! They are soooo worth it. Praying for your family - no matter what part of the globe they're on.
Shelle Lenssen (aka the lady with the blonde toddler who accosted you at Winco on Friday)