Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

WE GOT IT!!!

YEAH!!!! Our approval from Immigration came today!!!! We're DONE with paperwork!!!!!

Very funny story behind this....don't laugh at me - it's been a very emotional process - it's hard to have sooo many things out of your control (at least it is for me!!!).

Anyway - we had decided that once all our paperwork was finished we'd bring it with us to pray over it as a church family. Well I mentioned this to our pastor & he said let's PLAN it & invite all your friends & family to come as well! Of course we loved that idea & suggested the last Sunday of June - June 28th. I guessed we'd have all our paperwork back by then - and if not we could pray over what we did have. Well our church is sending a mission team to an orphanage in Guatemala and our pastor was going to be out of town on the 28th so we decided to do it a week earlier on June 21st - Father's Day! So as the time line started playing out & I started talking to other Washington families that had gotten their paperwork back from Immigration & how long that took, etc. I started realizing that it was HIGHLY probable that we'd have our paperwork done & ready to go a week or more before June 21st......so the dilema was - do we hang onto everything and pray over it on the 21st? or do we send it in when it's done & just pray over an empty box on the 21st? Well I'm sure you can guess which option I was pushing for - yet feeling a bit guilty that I wasn't trusting God on the perfect timeline......so needless to say - I'm crying like a baby at God's perfect provision - He knew I couldn't be trusted for more than 1 day with a box of completed papers!!! Talk about a God of details!!! He continually overwhelms me!!!

So tomorrow I'll post pictures from church!!!! and the awesome Celebration BBQ to follow!!!

No comments: