I can't believe it's been almost 3 WEEKS since we got Ellie's referral!!! It has been a mad dash scramble! I've been sewing up a storm, painting like crazy, shopping (!), decorating, ripping up carpet (!!), more painting, LOTS of jewelry shows.....and the WHOLE time daydreaming about my little angel!!! I'm just about worthless :) It REALLY is like being 9 months pregnant - or at least 7 months!
So now we wait for a court date. It looks like we're #17 in line (based on referral dates) just with people on our yahoo group. The good news is 2 weeks ago we were #23. So while we're moving up - it would be nice if the pace was a bit quicker! Meanwhile, I'm DESPERATELY trying to heed my own advice of wishing time away doesn't make it go any faster -or even slower. My to-do list is 3 miles long - although normally jewelry out numbers life 2 to 1. This is no longer the case. I think God knew I needed to get the referral during my absolute busiest time of year. I honestly don't have 5 minutes to rub together to spend worrying! November is going to go even faster.....I have 16 shows, a GIANT fundraiser, & best of all Ellie's shower is the 14th!
The shower - I can't wait!!! My dearest friends are all going to be there! Janice & Gina are flying in from San Fran & Sandy is coming from North Carolina. My mom & dad are even going to come in from Montana! Ellie is so loved ALREADY!!! Oh baby girl! I can't WAIT for you to meet all these AMAZING people that LOVE you soooooo very much!!!! I can't wait to share this amazing experience with all of them! Thanks so much for coming!
The Fundraiser - YEAH!!! Julie & I have invited 100 people! She's passing TONS of catalogs around at work. My goal is a $2000 show!!! We'll be able to add $1000 to our travel fund AND have $1100 worth of FREE JEWELRY to bring to the nannies at the transition home!!!! WOO HOOO!!!! PLUS, November 5th (the date of the fundraiser) is Premier's 25th anniversary. They're offering those hostesses an EXTRA $25 in free jewelry just for having a show on that day - so we'd end up with $1125 in FREE JEWELRY!!!! YEAH!!!!
16 shows - I know, it's pure crazy. But God promises not to give us more than we can handle....right?!?!?! It's so hard to turn down a hostess when she gives you the ol' "sad eyes" routine of "PLEASE! I need a show during the 50% bonus time!".....I have a terrible time saying NO.....better stressed with money than stressed without, I guess!
Last but not least -
I've really wanted to talk with the boys about Ellie's transition. Right now we're all dreamy romantic about what adding a new member of the family will be like. I wanted to make sure they were ready in case it was a bit rough for her. So we were all out sitting in the hot tub & I told them that it might be hard for Ellie when she first gets here. Everything will be new & different. She might miss her nanny & Ethiopia. She might cry a lot. My dear sweet Gabe pipes in with - what if we don't like her? and I was reminded of how my now 9 year old screamed for the first 6 months of his life....non stop. I told them that there were times when Ben was crying that I wondered the same thing about Ben! but that I was SOOOO glad God had given him to us - he's a perfect fit for our family. Ben smiled & giggled and said - I know, I cried a lot! So Ellie - even if you cry A LOT - we promise to still love you!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Hey yall!!!! tried to email but it came back....just a quick note to let you know we are keeping up on your WONDERFUL journey! Love reading the posts.....I can feel the joy and anticipation .....puts tears in my eyes!!!! We will be praying for your safety and will be awaiting each post! Love yall!!! Christie and Jason
Post a Comment