Here's what another adoptive mom said about Ellie!!! THANKS so much for the update KRISTEN!
Hi Jill!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED your daughter during my visit. I truly could NOT take my eyes off of her the entire time! I can't begin to tell you how much I fell in love with Ellie - there is something about that child that is amazing and I was totally drawn to her. She has the cutest little face ever! It is hard to say what kind of toys she liked because they had so few! She seemed to hold the rattles a lot, but she was definitely an observer. There were a couple of toddler boys who were wild (not in a bad way - just really, really active!) and she would sit and watch them with a very amused look on her face. One time I saw one of the boys walk by another kid and bop him on the head and Ellie busted out laughing. It caused all of us to laugh. She loves to be tickled and tipped upside down - she would giggle! I did not see her crawl, but I think that is more likely to the fact that the kids don't leave the room much, so most things are essentially within arms reach. I think all the kids will catch up fast. My only recommendation is get an exasaucer and/or a Johnny Jump Up. I bet Ellie's leg strength is weak so a month or so of standing in that and building up some muscle will have her walking in no time! She looked perfectly healthy, though. In fact, most had horrible colds (my girl included!) but she didn't seem to. I mean, they ALL have runny noses, but she didn't sound congested like the others. Oh, but that sweet face!!!!!! She seemed like a perfectly happy child - very calm. I never saw her cry the whole week we there.
My friend Jennifer and I held her a ton. She is so cute. Oh, I am SO HAPPY that this little beauty is going home. I had no idea she was HIV positive. God bless you for being called to her. She is precious! Congratulations!
She is SO totally going to fit in PERFECT with her new family!!! Laughing while kids bop each other on the head - yikes - she's going to giggle her day away :) YEAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
What a wonderfully sweet update! Must have made your day, week, month.
Congratulations on passing court! Hope you get to travel soon!
Post a Comment