So I could spend all day dreaming about Ellie! Surprise! ha!
I think about things like...
*how cute her hair is going to look in pig tails
*how long until I get to hear her laugh
*how long until she realizes I'm her mom
*how much she'll be laughing watching the antics of her brothers
*what she'll look like when she's grown
*if she'll ever understand why all this had to happen
*what her favorite toy will be
*what if she doesn't like PINK???
Then my to-do list starts banging at my door - I beat it back by crossing a few more things off it - and go back to day dreaming :)
One of the comments that's really struck me - and we've had more than a few along this line - is:
Your little girl is going to be so blessed! Her life will be forever changed!
It really got me thinking about how Christ adopts us too. Sometimes, often times, we don't even know what we were saved from. We can be adopted as children and never know what paths our lives would've taken! What God has saved us from. I've been struck by how much I love Ellie already. Both Matt & I have been almost overwhelmed with our love for her! She doesn't even know who we are! Yet, we'd walk over hot coals for her....we'd spend 7 months completing paperwork and getting shots, having our home inspected, our relationships examined....and she doesn't even know who we are.
God pursues us with an even greater love - a perfect love. We don't even have to know who He is. We don't have to understand how He works. He LONGS to hold us close, to tell us it's going to be ok, to comfort us, to encourage us, to tell us we can be ANYTHING! It doesn't matter the circumstances we grew up in. It doesn't matter the circumstances we find ourselves in now. He just wants a relationship with us. He wants us to call him father. To let him hold us close.
Thank you Lord for pursuing me with an everlasting love. For never giving up on me. For leading me besides still waters. For restoring my soul. Help me to be the mom that Ellie needs. Give me the words to answer those tough questions when the time comes. Thank you for the opportunity to be your hands & feet to this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment