They are AMAZING!!!!!!
Bona is so loving and kind. Of course I can't tell what he's saying to me or his sister. But he is using the right tone!!! And she's only cried once when he tried to help Buzena with the dolly!
Buzena is such a snuggle bug! She loves ton have me carry her up and down the 4 flights of stairs...duh! And cheers me on by breathing all hard with me. She woke up tonight and said Mommy?!?! I put my hands out...our beds are 2 inches apart! And she crawled right into them and put her head deep into my neck and fell right back to sleep!
We spent all Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday at the hotel. I'm thinking I will venture out today for some lunch at Kaldis and maybe the Internet cafe...this internet is killing me!
The kids are very well behaved! I've really tried to limit the amount of candy and junk I'm giving them...because of course i have tons! Mainly to give out at the orphanages...and for bribery with my two! The dum dum suckers can in handy big time today though!!!! Bona had been up since 4 am and at 2 pm full on melted down when I said no to wrecking havoc on my iPad. But a good set of tears....I'm sure as much from the stress of all the changes as to sheer exhaustion...and 3 dum Dums later he was back to his happy go lucky self!
Cayenne has commented numerous times how they just seem like Ross kids! That happy, playful, loving personality has already come through...I can't imagine how much more fabulous it will get when they really settle in!
I took them down to the lobby for breakfast this morning and one of the gals asked me when they're modeling contract was kicking in!?!?! They really are gorgeous....which is how I feel about the majority of the Ethiopian people!!! Yes, they are beautiful on the outside...but they have this inner joy that doesnt come from their situation...or what they have...but just who they are! The love and kindness as a culture that they have for each other....the fact that it's the birthplace of 3 of my children...the gorgeous weather!!!!.... really do love it here!
Thank you God for letting me have this extra time with the kids!!!!! I am so incredibly grateful. I pray it will help their transition and ours too. I can't wait to see bona's face when we come back and daddy is with me!!!! His first question was where is daddy!?!?!?
Thank all for your prayers!!! Please pray for us especially next Tuesday...that's when I bring them back to the orphanage. Pray they will completely understand what is going on and that I wont completely lose it....at least not in front of them.....
Jill
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
so happy to read this -
I'm so happy for you.
Ivy has a sweet happiness in her soul that I always think of as Ethiopian.
I can't wait to see photos.
Yeah yeah yeah!! Can't wait to see pictures!!! They sound precious!!
How awesome!! Praying that the temporary good byes will be as painless as possible... though I don't see how!! :) But with God all things are possible. YAY!! for our Big Big God!!
Brings back so many wonderful memories! God Bless You! I wish I was there to take some pictures of you with your darlings!
Tracie
Post a Comment