Oh boys.....I just adore them!!! They'd been hearing us talk about the whole thing, but we'd hadn't actually told them what we were thinking of doing. I realized this as I was picking them up from soccer practice on afternoon - and thought - what the heck - there's no time like present! So I jumped in. I told them we wanted to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia - like Ivy - our little friend from soccer. Jack got a real thoughtful look on his face and said "I want to say no....but my heart tells me it's the right thing to do." I almost started crying! It was so beautifully put and thoughtfully said. In fact the next morning Jack sculpted a figure of a woman holding a little baby and he told me - it's you mom holding our little girl. I'm going to paint her brown :)
Sweet Gabriel - he wanted to know why we had to get a brown one, why couldn't we get a white one???
Oh Gabe - for that very reason! Our skin color might be different, but God loves us all the same!
Both Jack and Ben are (well, were) excited about going to Ethiopia with us. Jack had me look up how much a plane ticket will cost - $1400!! He's already figuring that his allowance for 16 months, plus selling a pig at the fair should do it! Ben was all gung ho until he found out you have to get a shot to go to Africa.....although he told me a few days ago that if it was just 1 shot he'd do it. I need to find out exactly how many it will be.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment