Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh boy oh boy





So yeah....that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. The kids were actually kind of excited to see all their friends. Bona had a great time showing them all his new stuff. Buzena was much more reserved but she had fallen asleep in the car on the way over.

We stayed for about 30 minutes. They had fun handing out candy to their friends and nannies. We got to see the room with the babies....9 of the smallest little things I'd ever seen.

Then when I went to give buzena one last hug good bye she held on to me with a death grip and started sobbing. I of course had been crying off and on for the last hour...and i full on lost it too.

I held her for probably another 5 minutes and tried to get her interested in some of the things Kelli had brought, coloring books and such. No way. She wanted her mommy big time. The nannies came over and tried to talk to her as I tried to detangle myself from her....which was the last thing I wanted to do, but I figured our driver had waited long enough.

I got in the car with her still sobbing in her nannies arms. Thankfully she had quieted down by the time they got the gate open and we drove away.

Bona let me give him a hug, but then wiped off the big fat kiss I laid on him! Apparently he has a reputation to uphold!

I told Kelli on the way out that no one ever told me love would hurt so much....my heart is on two continents half way around the world from each other....





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

everydaylifesongs said...

What a blessing that God gave you a court date before you even left, so you know exactly when you will be back. I am so glad for that! Crying with you, praying for you, and looking forward with you for the time you will be bringing them home! (and hopefully we'll get to meet them this summer!) :) --gina

Julie said...

Just found your blog from another.
That pic is PRICELESS!!!! Oh my HEART!!!!!

Praying you will have your little ones HOME FOREVER SOON!!!

JESSIE said...

I don't even know what to say.....this breaks my heart.... you, B and B are always in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that the next 6 weeks FLIES by for all of you. We love you sooo much!! Can't wait to see you!

Julie said...

Oooh sweetie,
I knew that you knowing ahead of time how hard this leaving would be, would NOT soften the blow any when it finally came. I don't even think we would want it softened.
I am praying for you, Bona and Buzena. They will be anticipating your return now, just as much as you are! What a blessing they got to meet you for this week. I think that will make it so much easier, on Bona especially. He is going to by your more reserved, "Gabe-like" boy who needs a little more time to process his feelings. This time with you away I think will cement his longing for you and his new family. (At least that is what I am praying for!)
I love you so much and B&B too! I ALREADY feel like their auntie!
Safe travels home. I can't wait to see you and pictures/videos. We AREN'T going to the coast after all this week, so I will get to see you when you get home! YEAH!!!
Love,
Your Sis

CAG Discipleship Journey said...

Jill I just read all your Ethiopian blog posts with tears streaming down my face. I had to mute the music from your blog so as not to have a full on meltdown! I love you! Thank you for being such and inspiration to me! Thank you for living life on purpose for believing that this isn't it, for seeking and saving the lost. Much love! Mary Jean