Sunday, April 3, 2011
We can feel your prayers!!!!
The kids are doing great! I won't lie to you...it's been very very very hard. Imagine you're 6 and you're with someone that only knows how to say i love you in your language...although I've picked up quite a few more! Yes, no, good job, beautiful, wet, don't touch, water, pee, poop...you know, all the important words! I really think it was all Gods plan to have me come this extra week. Bona has been really tough...but every day gets decidedly better! I really think it's what he needed to help the adjustment period. Buzena is to die for! Shes had her breakdowns too, but they're not nearly as long...her first one was over me not letting her have 7 dum dum suckers! Today they were playing soccer in the courtyard with the gate guard. I was taking a much needed break in the chair. Every few seconds buzena would look over to make sure I was paying attention to her! Bona would check in on occasion too....but not nearly as often. Thats a big sign of bonding!!!!! Today one of the other gals told me she knew God was in the middle of adoption because when she looked at me with my kids she said we go perfect together! I told her I was so honored because I can't barely take my eyes off of them they're so gorgeous!!! At breakfast the other day someone else said they looked like gap models! And not only are they cute, they're so sweet!!! Bona is a riot! He loves to pretend he's batman. Caylene said i should bring a batman costume with me next time. I said no way, there's no way I'd ever get him out of it! And I'm already getting stared at enough around town without having batman next to me! Tonight they got a dum dum after dinner, half way through their sucker they traded with each other. When buzenna ran out of bubbles today, bona opened his water and filled her bubble container for her....that's when I learned the word wet because he spilled his water all over himself! One more full day left....I cant believe it. I'm planning to take the kids back at 2 pm on Tuesday and spend at least an hour there. I've got candy and treats for all the kids. I'm planning to have the director sit down with me and the kids and make sure they completely...as much as a 6 and 3 year old can...understand what's going to happen. I'm going to have her tell bona that I really think he's a great boy and I very much want to be his mommy. And than have her flat out ask him if he wants me to be his mommy.....I know I run the risk of him saying no. But I never want him to think he didn't have a say in it. I honestly think his answer will be yes. After our first full really really hard day I had T talk to him and ask him if he wanted to finish staying the week with me and he said yes to that.....so we will see. Kelli has already decided that if caylene doesn't pass court on Tuesday that she won't be able to stand all the depression in our room...as I'll have just dropped off the kids....and she's finding new roomies!!!! I'll be headed to the airport at 7 pm that night so hopefully I wont be too much of a downer! Its killing me not to have Matt here. Tonight buzena was sitting in craigs lap looking at pics on the computer.....I told her she best get down or daddy would be super jealous! Of course she didn't understand a word I was saying and I was laughing as I said it, so she just giggled! Please please keep praying!!!! We can all feel them!!! God is doing some amazing work...in our kids and is us! I keep think about the verse that's something like, He sets the lonely in families. A lot of the issues I see from bona stem from just that. He's come up with ways to cope. But in just 4 days I'm getting a really good view of what the future holds....and it's great stuff!!!!! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment