I just got off the phone with Nicole Weigold, our Family Coordinator with America World! We were reviewing all our documents making sure everything was in order - signed, notarized, certified, etc!!! We're getting our fingerprints done for Immigration tomorrow - and it seems like a 2 weeks wait until we get the I-171....which means we'll be DONE with all the paperwork!!!
I asked Nicole about the judge in ET cracking down on abandonment cases. She said it's just on abandonment cases in the capital of Addis Ababa - which is where about 25% of their referrals come from. PRAY that this will be resolved QUICKLY!!! These poor children have waited so long already for a forever family....and the families currently affected by this - I can't even imagine!!! Nicole said it looks like it's just 1 police officer & 1 agency that have been having lots of "abandonment" cases - thus making their paperwork much easier. God has given me an absolute peace about all of this - He's going to make the system even BETTER!!!
I asked her about the timeline until we get a referral. She said they're still saying 9-11 months...although because our age range is 0 - 24 months we'll be closer to the 9 month end!!!! Tears are streaming down my face right now....we're almost PREGNANT!!! Who knew you could be "almost" pregnant - but we are!!! Soooooo.....if we submit the Dossier (all the paperwork) by the end of June - we might have a referral by next MARCH - and travel next June! YEAH!!! What we REALLY want to avoid is the court closures Aug-Sep. It's the rainy season in ET & they just shut everything down....so we don't want to be waiting for a court date during that time period - or we'll be waiting EXTRA long!!! So PRAY for a referral no later than next MAY!!!
She said once our Dossier is submitted we'll be called a "waiting family" and be in on a once a month conference call!!! YEAH!!! Information!! I always do better with lots of information!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment