Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I see black babies everywhere.....

To coin a line from a VERY creepy movie - but I AM seeing black babies everywhere! It's funny - when I was pregnant suddenly their were pregnant women everywhere....now that we're adopting a black baby, suddenly there are black babies everywhere!!! Maybe that tells you how myopic I am! HA! or some people would just call it self centered - I prefer the term "focused!"

Anyway - I can't even explain it! I really am seeing the most BEAUTIFUL black children all over this white people area!!! It's so funny how God just changes your whole focus - I don't even know how to explain it - but when I see white babies they just seem so....boring looking!!! all pasty and white!! It's hysterical! Initially when we were looking at countries to adopt from Ethiopia stuck out because of how (relatively!) easy it was to adopt from. And I remember thinking that adding a little black girl to our family would be fine. I am SERIOUSLY blown away at how God has completely changed my outlook on that!!! Fine doesn't begin to describe it! If you told me right now that we could adopt a blond haired blue eyes little one - I'd say "no thanks - I want our Ethiopian Princess!!!" Fine....I'm embarrassed to admit that I even thought that.

Oh Ellie! I can't wait to squeeze your brown little cheeks and kiss your curly black hair. You're going to look GORGEOUS in PINK!!! WE CAN' T WAIT!!!!

No comments: