Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

We have our fingerprinting appointment!

It came today!!! We have our fingerprinting appointment!!! It's set for May 27th....but I'm hoping to see if we can get in earlier - or course! I know only God can make it rain - but we can plant the seeds, right?!??!?!

Once our fingerprints are done - we wait for our I-171 to come back from Immigration. That will allow us to bring an orphan back into the states....each state is different so it's hard to tell how long it will take.

We're also waiting to hear back from Olympia - the Secretary of State has to certify that our notary is really a notary! That should be back long before the I-171

Once we get the I-171 and the certification back WE'RE DONE with all the paperwork!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

We'll then send 4 copies of everything to our agency in Virginia. They'll make sure everything is correct (which they've been doing along the way too) - and then it's off to Ethiopia!!!!

From that point the wait right now for an infant girl (0-2yrs) is 9 - 11 months. We'll receive the referral and then it's typically 3 months before you travel to bring them home.

How you can pray:
*That God will give us grace through all this waiting....it's the hardest thing I've EVER DONE!!! And if you know me - that' saying a LOT!!!
*That God will protect and nurture our little angel as she has to go through some pretty terrible stuff in order to be our daughter....Mommy's sorry baby :(
*That God will gift her with the sense that we're her FOREVER family! It kills me to think that we'll have loved her for so long....yet we'll be complete strangers to her.
*That God will continue to raise up families with a heart for Ethiopia!

Ellianna Jewel we can't wait to meet you!!!! We'd do all this paperwork silliness 1000 times over....but we're glad we only had to do it once ;)

Mommy

No comments: