Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's not WHY? It's - WHY NOT?

I've really been dwelling a lot lately on the why of Ethiopia. I guess with each new person that we tell we get to relive the decision to adopt. I was sitting in church today diligently listening to the sermon - which is NOT hard to do if you know my pastor, he's fantastic - but it hit me! The question isn't why Ethiopia? - it's why NOT Ethiopia?!?!? Bill was talking about the blind man in John 9. Everyone wanted to know why he was blind - Jesus told them it wasn't b/c of something he or his family had done - but so that God's glory could be revealed! He challenged us to see thru the "obstacle" illusions. The obstacle isn't the mountain - but the fact that the mountain seems immovable - that's the obstacle! But God promises that HE will go before us and LEVEL the mountains!!! AMEN!!! Not even the Ethiopian government cracking down can stand up to THAT!

Isaiah 45:2-3 says:
I will go before you and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places (like ETHIOPIA!!)
so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

If our adoption journey has struck a cord in your heart I CHALLENGE you to follow it through to what God has for you!!! He can move ANY mountain - the mountain of no money, lack of security, not knowing what the future holds - ALL OF IT can MOVE!!! There are SO MANY children that need a loving and caring home. If you're a friend of mine I already KNOW that you fit that bill. Please PROMISE me you'll pray over it! What fun it will be to have our Ethiopian reunion TOGETHER! You can't even imagine how beautiful these children are. What an amazing testimony to everyone around you...and most importantly your children. I am constantly reading stories of families that have taken their older kids with them to Ethiopia. What a GIFT - the gift of seeing the world through someone else's eyes! It doesn't matter how many kids you already have.....and honestly, the more you have the less adding one more will matter....at least not to you....but to your new son or daughter it will mean EVERYTHING!!!

Here's a picture of Zoie Gibson! Isn't she GORGEOUS??
Here's a picture of Michah Kulp - LOVE the smile!!

If that doesn't warm your heart....how about this!!

This is from a family that adopted a little boy from Ethiopia - and is now in the process of adopting a sibling group of FOUR from Ethiopia!!

We had Orphan Sunday at our church this week and Elle (their 15 yr old daughter) made the poster above for our Orphan Care table. When I brought it in the house on Saturday night Levi became so upset. He said, "Oh, no, oh, no--baby hurt!" over and over. So, to comfort him I told him that we can pray for that baby. Well, he stopped right then and stood in front of the picture, folded his little hands in prayer and began praying from his 20 month old heart for the child in front of him. He prayed, "God, baby hurt--give daddy...and mama...and AAAllle (Elle) and NaNa (Nash) and MattMan (Nash's friend, we love as our own). And he prayed that over and over, then he said, "No starvin God" and threw his arms in the air "Amen!" By the time he finished the whole house was standing around him watching in amazement at how this little child of God was so connected to the needs of the child in the picture. He knew exactly what that baby needed...he didn't hesitate in asking God to do it and he finished with the confidence that everything was going to be OK.

How does he know that the cry of every child's heart is for a family who will love him and for the basic needs of comfort? Does he remember being left by his birthmother? How does he, with all the luxuries of his life now, so closely identify with the suffering of the child in the picture?

It's because he is blessed. "But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear." Matthew 13:16


I challenge you to stop asking WHY and start asking WHY NOT?!?!?!


No comments: