My dearest Ellianna,
I can't BELIEVE that in just a few more days I will get to hold you!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am. We are scurrying around like crazy trying to get "all ready" for you :) I'm not exactly sure WHAT that means - or even what it looks like - but it is keeping Mommy busy & helping her make the time go QUICKLY!
I am so excited to get to see your country. I have been praying that God will help me to remember EVERYTHING! I want to be able to tell you all about it. How beautiful & loving the people were, how well you were cared for & how much you were loved! I don't want to forget a THING!
My heart is so full right now! God keeps pouring big, GREAT big, buckets of peace over me. I don't think I've ever prayed so much in my life! This has been an amazing year for your mommy - God has really used this experience to stretch & grow me. It's been hard. I think I've cried more tears this year than any other year in my life. Tears of longing for YOU! Tears of sadness for how hard your life was to start with. Tears for your birth mom. She loved you so much! I KNOW it! She wanted a better life for you than she could give you. God made a promise to her that you would be loved & cared for....and I can't believe he picked ME! I am so honored.
I love you so much. I can't even describe it. I love you like I've carried you for 9 months. I know my cells didn't knit together to form you....but my heart has been knitting you together for 14 months!!! The first time I saw your picture was like staring at the first ultrasound of your brothers.....but I could see your features MUCH better! Maybe that's why this process has been so long - so we could truly come to understand the depth of our love for you. I love you as if I birthed you myself. I am almost overwhelmed by the intensity of my feelings for you!
I know all this change is going to be hard for you. I am so sorry. If I could make it any different I would. I have been praying, praying, praying, that God will help you through this transition. That God will help you know that we're your forever family. That God will show me how to calm your fears & care for your needs. That God will help you to ease right into our family like you've always been there!!
Oh Ellie!!! I can't EVEN WAIT!!!! Please be patient with me and the whole hair thing - I've been watching videos on all kinds of cute hairstyles for you!!! Please don't hate me if I want to change your outfit every 15 minutes :) You're just so cute! and all the hugging & kissing & snuggling & holding - I have to catch up on 16 months worth! Also - that black thing that keeps going "click click" that's mommy's camera. Daddy just bought her a disk that will hold 5000+ pictures. Her goal is to fill it up before we leave Ethiopia!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
She is gorgeous! I'll be following along as she comes home. So happy for your family.
Your video is beautiful!! We adopted through AW last year from China and are now praying about ET or Rwanda. I will be eagerly watching your journey to ET and hoping to glean as much from you as I can!! I know God will reveal His plan to us in His time!!
Those sweet boys are going to be so blessed!! My children absolutely adore our little Chinese Princess!
I will be praying for you and the other families traveling with you,
Naomi
www.lydiahope.blogspot.com
Post a Comment