
It was clean, well organized...and very sad. We had brought tons of candy & little toys to give out. The director had them all sit down in their school room so it could be an orderly handing out of things :) Soon there were 50 kids running around with cars & balls, candy & styrofoam airplanes. I was sitting in the shade holding Ellie while she slept. I started taking pictures of some of the children & waved them over to come see. They LOVED that! Julie found a paper & pen and had them write their name for her. Lots of them spoke some english - some even quite well.
When Ellie woke up she was swarmed by her old nannies!!! They were all hugging & kissing her. They wanted to hold her but she would wail! again - YEAH!!! One of my biggest prayers through this whole process was that our daughter would be loved by her nannies! and BOY was she ever!!!
They did a traditional coffee ceremony for us. Matt said it was good - I didn't want to dump hot coffee on the baby. They serve popcorn with their coffee - it's the only time they eat popcorn.
We were there for almost 2 hours. It was great to see how loved Ellie was. And so sad to see all the need. There were alot of older children - 4+. They typically don't get adopted....everyone wants babies. But these kids were amazing!!! They soooo want to be loved. They remember what it's like to have a mothers love....and of course they want that again! 3 familes in our group adopted older kids. They didn't want to mess with diapers & strollers & high chairs again. There kids were all a bit older & they didn't want a huge gap....so never think you're too old!!! 2 of the couples with us are in their 50's!!!! and if you ABSOLUTELY can't imagine yourself adopting - then help someone who can!!! I can't tell you how many times I've heard - I would adopt but it's too expensive!!! Maybe God's calling me to match those who can with those who can't. So if you'd adopt if the money was there - let me know. And if that's not you - why not give $100 a month to someone who can!?!?!?! That's one meal out & a movie for our family. Why not eat in & rent a movie & help bring one of these babies home!!!!!!!!
It was so hard to leave. I pray a mircle happens for each one of them!!! I wanted them to know that God has not forgotten them!!! He loves them! He has a plan for them!!! Why Ellie??? Why not Benna? Fasima? Tigist? That has been the hardest part of this journey for me....how can my 1 make a difference? So sorry if I shout out the need from the mountain tops - but my eyes have been opened & I can't shut them......
I know I sound like a pbs commercial....sorry







No comments:
Post a Comment