Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jill's Ethiopia Top Ten

We're back!!! It was truly the most amazing experience of my ENTIRE life!! and being that I'm almost 40 that encompasses a LOT!!!

So here they are - My Ethiopia Top Ten!

1. Meeting our daughter - duh!!! She is FABULOUS!!! I am already so in love with her I can hardly stand it! We got home Saturday night & Sunday morning she's crawling around with her brothers like this is what she's always done! She's perfect :)

2. The connection with our travel group. I was excited to meet everyone & had "stalked" their blogs trying to get to know them - but I was completely unprepared for how quickly we'd connect! Imagine - you have Christ & Adoption in common - you're 90% there!!! I miss you guys & can't wait to see your babies grow up!!!

3. Visiting Kingdom Vision Intl. This orphanage was not on our list to visit. But we did anyway! I am so glad! We were able to meet the founder/director & really talk about his work, their needs, how we can help. We are super excited to get our whole church on board in some way - God is still working out the details - we'll keep you posted!

4. The AWAA in-country staff. They are PHENOMENAL!!! I knew they'd be taking care of us - but had no idea how WELL we'd be taken care of!!! What an amazing blessing they were to us.

5. Visiting Arsi Negele where our daughter was found. It was a LONG 3 hours each way - with many near death misses - and I am so glad I went! I'd do it again in a heart beat! The people were so wonderful - I understand why her family would choose this village to bring her too.

6. Delivering care packages for 2 other families. I felt so special getting to love on them for their parents! What an incredible connection we formed - I can't wait to hear the rest of their stories either!!!

7. Sharing the joy of Metcha Day with 9 other families - it truly multiplied it 9 times for me! Initially I was a bit frustrated I was saddled to a "Ross" - as they call you alphabetically - but in the end my excitement was heightened with each new Metcha!!! Thanks for sharing this SUPER special day with us!

8. The guest house! It was beautiful. Although I complained a bit about the hike up 5 flights of stairs - I am now grateful for my lungs/buns of steel :) Make sure you have the Chef's egg omelet - the best I've EVER had! and the pancakes - yum! I miss his breakfasts!

9. A quiet nights sleep. I never knew what a light sleeper I was & now I am incredibly grateful for my rural country, no dog barking life!! VERY grateful!

10. Realizing that every single minute of the wait & every single penny spent was SO WORTH IT! I pray that God will find us worthy to do it again :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow Jill! What an amazing journey. I am so happy this dream has come true for you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing all the detials of your journey. You are blessed.

Truly,
Danielle & Ravi Tarekere