Bona thinks his dad is a super hero....well, I think that too :) This morning Matt was trying to show Bona how to do pushups - Bona just climbed up on his back! Nothing like a little extra to help strengthen those muscles. Then Matt did curls using Bo as the barbell! and squats...and crunches! It was quite hysterical!
Then we showed the kids their swimsuits & told them to put them on. I thought Bo was going to jump off the balcony! I had taken them swimming when we were here 6 weeks ago so he KNEW what those swim trunks meant.
We had to stop and get water & I was able to find a pair of flip flops for Gabe....apparently girls are the only ones who were flip flops in ET....cuz it was either palm trees with sparkles or oranges :) I figured the oranges were a wee less girly!
We almost didn't make it to the pool though :( We had stopped at a stop sign & when the driver hit to gas to go the door Bo was leaning on slid WIDE OPEN!!!! It was supposed to be LOCKEd!!!! i screamed and grabbed Bo, Bo screamed probably b/c I'd grabbed him so hard & we quickly changed seats!!!
The pool was/is INCREDIBLE!!! I think one of the hardest things to get used to in ET is that we're quite an anomaly...white white white....the Sheraton pool was filled with people from all over - lots of americans, even some swedes and germans....white white white! We met 3 fabulous couples & we're even going to church tomorrow with one of them. They are Melissa & Rich Lester from Drawn From Water!!! Matt came up to me & said - Jill you have to meet these people, they're with drinking from water! I paused for a second and said - DRAWN from water? yeah! I've heard of them! We could have talked for hours - so we're meeting them for church & going out to lunch together.
Zena CRASHED on the way home - in my lap :) I hate/love that there are no seatbelts in the cars here....it does make for some good snuggle time cuz you have to hold your little ones tight or they bounce all over - or even OUT OF the car! Anyways - Zena was sleeping so hard she peed all over me!!! I haven't had THAT happen in a long time. Sweet baby.
Dinner was some yummy spaghetti at the guest house. I'm not sure what they put in their sauce...I should find out though! Gabe went to bed right after - and we stayed outside and played some more. Bona is quite the basketball player...which is a lot considering our GH has the first basketball hoop I've seen in ET. LOTS of soccer...no basketball or baseball.
We had fun playing my UTalk English on the iPad. Until Bo was sure Zena had has more turns than him. It was quite the crying fit. I of course can't understand what he's so upset about b/c it's all in Amharic. I ran down and grabbed one of the ladies to come ask him what was wrong. I'm thinking he hates it here, he hates us, etc etc....amazing how Satan NEVER gives up trying to harm them.....Anyway - she said he was mad b/c Zena wasn't sharing...whew! I can deal with temper tantrums! LOTS of experience with THAT kind of thing! Even though on paper he is 6 1/2...orphanage kids have some emotional catching up to do. I love that we really have nothing else to do here except bond with our kids. Matt picked him up & snuggled him in bed. In 5 minutes he was giggling and happy. double whew!
PLEASE continue to pray for our court situation!!! The words of this song keep running through my head -
And if our God is for us, then who can ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
Nothing and NO ONE can stand against our God!!! PRAY the court will see the need to get us in NOW!
Tomorrow - off to church & lunch with the Lesters! I can't WAIT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
You have my prayers!! Love being in your loop. Blessings galore!!
What did Bo and Ze think of Big Bro Gabe swimming like a fish in the pool? We have all said so many times about Gabe, "that boy swims so fast, he doesn't even get wet!"
Hope you are planning another swimming day this trip.
Love Julie
I love your stories. I feel like I am right there with you. I will pray for you that the days with your kids are long making memories to last a lifetime! As well as transition and God's hand upon you. love you, Shannon
Post a Comment