Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pictures!

Working on wooden models at the guest house table.


The median on a busy street - full of sheep grazing!



Nothing like a little "war" to pass the time....for the record mom came back & won BIG TIME!





Buzena counting the russian nesting dolls on Gabe's No Longer Orphans shirt.


We're doing great! The kids still have at least one "moment" every day - but they seem to be shorter duration & over less trivial things. They're going through a ridiculous amount of changes - and all with a mom who doesn't speak their language! I keep asking God to give me eyes to see them as HE sees them & for a HUGE amount of grace for each other!!! It seems to be working!


Matt & Gabe headed back to Washington today. I tried not to cry a bucket...but I'm 9 months pregant - I cry over a good dinner! I have another week with the kids. I think it will really be good for their english :) they're understanding more and more every day. and for our level of trust. When mom says NO it doesn't mean she's an ogre (although their other siblings might even disagree!) Buzena mimics almost everything I say. Apparently I've said "say yes" at some point when she asks for a drink. So now she'll point at the water bottle & say "say yes!" very emphatically. It's quite hilarious!


We're staying at the Addis Flower guest house. I REALLY like the staff here. They're very kind & accomidating. They have no other guests now so they're even letting us stay in the big room for the small room price! Double YEAH! It's nice b/c we have our own bathroom with a tub - the kids LOVE taking a bath! Bona gets one at night & Buzena one in the morning b/c there's not enough hot water for two tubbies :) Although they prefer is barely warm. Buzena freaked out the first time I put her in & it was the temperature I liked it....I wonder if she thought I was trying to cook her!!!


I'm planning to take them swimming a couple more times while I'm here. If it wasn't so expensive we'd go every day!


I'm also planning on taking the staff up on their babysitting offer - it's 20 birr/hour - less than $1.50! I think I'll walk up to the internet cafe & splurge on some "real" internet - it's 25 birr for 100 minutes - less than $2....add that to the $1 carmel macciato & you have an hour of sheer heaven!!! all for less than $5 bucks!


Please continue to pray for a miracle!!!! I can't go into the details - but a miracle would do it!!!

No comments: