Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Our bags are packed.....we're ready to go!

Only 5 more sleeps and we'll be on our way!!!!!

It's been a mad dash scramble around here to get everything done.....and I still have a good 5 days worth of stuff to accomplish in the 4 days we have left :) I've started to separate the to-do list into the must get done - i.e. more forms notarized - and the nice to get done - i.e. the dishes! Although I'm not sure who I'm kidding - Matt does most of the dishes around here!!!

This adoption stuff is SOOOOO similar to being actually pregnant it creeps me out! I've spent most of every day trying not to cry through the whole thing! Don't ask me how I'm doing - it's all over then!!! All I REALLY want to do is take a nap and snuggle with my babies. I'm hungry, but nothing sounds good. I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. I lay awake most of the night imagining what our life is going to be like with the new additions. I've tried to establish a few new systems so life will go smoother when the new ones come home - i.e. assigned seats at dinner & in the car! I've checked & re-checked the "hospital" bag. The bedroom is decorated & new clothes are washed, folded, and put away. Honestly, the only difference is that I won't have 50 pounds to lose when this is all over...more like just 10 from all the chocolate I've been inhaling!!!!

We're all so excited. The kids talk about them non-stop. They've already decided where they're going to sit at the dinner table...we haven't decided yet on the car as we'll need to be getting a BIGGER one before we bring them home!!! ahahahahah!!! The last thing on my list of things I would NEVER do - drive a big A** VAN!!!! I have scaring in that area from my childhood. We had a giant van - but only one bench seat in the back. There were 4 of us kids so whoever was last in the van had to sit on a hump in the back....oh it gets better...on long trips we'd load the love seat in the back!!! Now our kids are in 15 point harnesses until they're 15....crazy! Anyway, I had to take my drivers test in that giant van. Have you ever tried to parallel park a giant van next to a volkswagen bug??? When you were 16??? Needless to say I have BAGGAGE from all those experiences. I swore I'd never have a van! We went straight from the Explorer to the Suburban....and while they DO make Suburban's that will seat 9...I envision is being VERY snuggly.

So God has crossed out the last thing on my list of things I would never do! Other things on my list that got crossed out a LONG time ago - only having 2 kids, never homeschooling and never being a stay-home mom....not that I'm really a STAY HOME mom....but you know what I mean!

3 comments:

songbyrdonthemountain said...

You are such an inspiration to me, my sweet niece! I had forgotten about that big A** van till now. LOL. I think I may have ridden in it a time or two. Safe travels, you are in my prayers for the WHOLE enchilada!!!

Kristi and Dale said...

A VAN?!!! Ha ha I still refuse to get one and we look ridiculous as 6 of us pile out of my Ford 150 truck at church (including 2 carseats). SOOO excited for your trip and kids to come home. I remember waking up with panic attacks of "I can't do this!!" Well, after 1 yr home I can tell you it's ALL GOOD!!

Laura Streitman said...

We have the 9 passenger Suburban because David wouldn't let me drive a van (roll over risk). The plus side to the van is when your kids want to have friends over you can smile and say yes without counting seatbelts and heads! Now that Georgia and Jessie are driving we almost always take 2 - 3 cars when we go to church ... that makes things easier ...?? sometimes!